24 July 2014

Come rain or come shine

Copenhagernes will look back at this summer, and call it the best in years. It really is. But it is also too damn much with this crazy heat wave and endless sleepless tropical nights. It just crosses a line when your brain starts melting on you. Not to sound ungrateful (feel free to remind me of this come the dungeon), because I also love the long days, the clear skies and living in a skimpy summer dress. As always, it is about making the best of it. Come rain or come shine.

It is kind of poetic how the shadow only comes alive in the sun. The two of them put on quite a show these days.

Light and shadow


Half and half


Shadow stairs

Fleeting shadow-stairs, to be enjoyed while they last.

The summercycle goes from one extreme to the other. After a while of boiling heat, burnt grass and suffering trees, nature compensates with heavy rain. Followed by more complaining, of course. Until you remember the puddle action.

Floating Copenhagen tourists

Toying with Copenhagen tourists. Making them float...

Sliding Copenhagen tourists

...and slide. Without understanding the words, I knew they were talking about the strange girl crouching before them in the street. "What’s she doing? What’s she doing?"

Smiles. I think?

 “Aaaaaaahhhh” this was the moment that they realised what I was doing. Ha. Thank you for playing.



4 comments:

  1. Those are great! The staircase looks like some crazy DNA!
    We are having the same very hot weather here as well. Before I complain, I look back at pictures that I took in the middle of winter. Nothing like a bit of remembering... yup- we're good in the heat ;)
    Hope you are doing well! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what they remind me of: DNA. Ha! Today I went all in and called it lortevejr. I can't sleep in it, and move around like a zombie during the day. But it still beats the darkness at four in the afternoon. Oh, I can't stand thinking about that now. :O

      Hugs back at you. : )

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJuly 25, 2014

    rly like stairs photos, great job

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)