07 July 2014

A guilty crush

There is a new swan on the lake, the latest addition to the pedal boat fleet at Kaffesalonen. Before developing an opinion on them, I went to take their picture. First impression was good, as they resemble my favorite bird...
 Swan fleet

...and are shameless flirts:

Hello!

Hello!

But after a few days, I noticed that the real swans were huddling in the lake corners, suggesting they were not amused. However, in the most recent development, they seem less apprehensive when the fleet is not in motion. It is my hope that they will eventually get used to the steroid version of themselves.

New swan on the lake

On the upside, the swan boats are to tall to enter the other lake, under the bridge, leaving our birds some refuge. Again, I wonder if anyone is looking out for the interest of nature here, or if urban wildlife is just left to fend for itself? And if we keep pushing, will they eventually leave? Mixed emotions on this one, oh.

 

2 comments:

  1. I guess that the boat swans look kind of cool but, I have to admit, that I would probably be a bit scared too.... ;)
    Hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer weather! I am missing CPH again- I tried to find an excuse (and the money) to get back for a visit but I don't think it is in the cards for this year. I'll have to visit via your blog :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly how you feel, you see pictures and are reminded of something you can't do or have, and it is almost driving you crazy. I had to unfollow a chef, who kept uploading the most beautiful images of his cooking art on Twitter, it was pure torture, haha. I hope you can stand the Copenhagen spam coming your way. : )

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)