08 February 2014

17 hours

In January we had a record low of 17 total hours of sun. That does things to a person, let me tell you. February is looking like more of the same, with the one difference that days are getting slightly longer. In a way it resembles drowning, but instead of oxygen, you are deprived of light. Ugh. When we hit spring, I am going to be so annoyingly excited and all over the place with flowers and light and budding trees and breeding swans, that you are going to beg for mercy. I promise.

It's cold, fuck it


5 comments:

  1. WHAAAAAAAT that is crazy! I hope you found other ways to stay cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the recipe for going insane, I swear! We do have days (ending around four in the afternoon/in Jan.), but no glimpse of sky. Except for those 17 hours in one month. Evil. EVIL.

      Delete
  2. I will join you in the annoyingly cheerful category ;) This cold weather is dragging me down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is going to be so good. We are going to poop rainbows. :D

      Delete
    2. Poop rainbows..... and sparkles ;) Love it!

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)